Political sociology, cultural sociology, race, ethnicity, nationalism, sexualities, social movements.
- Outstanding Publication Award (Race, Ethnicity, and Sexuality), Association for Women in Psychology, 2004.
- Outstanding Academic Book (American Indian Ethnic Renewal), Choice, 1996.
- Outstanding Mentorship Award, University of Kansas, Graduate and Professional Association, 2000.
- American Sociological Association
- American Studies Association
- Sociological Research Association
- Stanford University, Ph.D. (Sociology), 1977
- Bowling Green State University, M.A. (Sociology), 1970
- Bowling Green State University, B.S. (English), 1967
Why Study at the University of Kansas?
The University of Kansas represents the best of both worlds: an outstanding research faculty conducting cutting edge scholarship and award winning classes. KU faculty are committed not only to their research but also to their undergraduates and graduate students. Kansas University students have excellent opportunities to learn from our internationally recognized faculty and to work with leading researchers as teachers and mentors.
Ph.D., Sociology, Stanford University
M.A., Sociology, Bowling Green State University
B.S., English, Bowling Green State University