Material science and material physics, nanoscience
- Meredith Docking Scholar 2000-2003 — University of Kansas
- 2006 University of Kansas Kemper fellow
- Material research society
- American Physical society
- Applied Superconductivity Conference board of director
- Undergraduate: B.S. in Physics, University of Science and Technology of China
- Graduate degree: Ph.D. in Physics, University of Houston, 1993.
Ph.D., Physics, University of Houston
B.S., Physics, University of Science and Technology of China
- Epitaxial growth of metal and oxides thin films using various vacuum-based techniques including pulsed laser ablation, magnetron sputtering, and chemical vapor deposition
- Surface and film/substrate interface microstructures characterization using XRD, SPM SEM/EDAX/EBKP, TEM, and RBS/Channeling, etc.
- Physical properties (electrical transport, magnetic, microwave, and optical properties) of thin films of superconductors, semiconductors, ferroelectric & magnetic materials
- Micro/nano-device fabrication (using photo & e-beam lithography) and characterization
- Nanosciences-fabrication and characterization of nanowires, nanotubes and nanoparticles